Who We Are
Gifted Musician Ltd website is www.giftedmusician.co.uk
Gifted Musician aims to handle all personal information legally and in accordance with data protection best practice. We do not intentionally collect information relating to minors and our website is not intended for use by children.
Why We Process Your Personal Data – Our Lawful Bases
Gifted Musician collects and uses your personal data to undertake several of its business activities. The primary lawful bases we process personal data under are legitimate interests, contract, legal obligation and consent.
Our legitimate interests would include activities such as selling and supplying goods, services and information, dealing with customer and other enquiries and processing feedback and responses to our surveys, competitions and event applications.
Contract would include collecting and processing data to enable us to manage and perform a contract. Examples of this would be where we fulfil an order, undertake an instrument repair or provide tuition.
Activities undertaken as part of legal obligation would include activities relating to crime prevention or our exercising our own rights.
Where we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your data (such as sending marketing communications), we will have asked for your consent to do so, and you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis, depending on the purpose for which we are using your information.
Exceptionally (for example in an emergency or life threatening situation) we may rely on vital interest as a lawful basis.
If you would like more information on the valid lawful bases we process data under please contact us.
When Do We Collect Information From You
We collect information from you when you
- place an order for products or services
- raise an enquiry or other issue with us
- voluntarily complete forms such as application forms, customer surveys, competitions or provide feedback
- apply to book, participate in or attend events such as workshops, tuition sessions and concerts
- participate in, attend or apply to enter events such as workshops, tuition sessions, concerts and examinations
What Information Do We Collect
Depending on the business activity (e.g. an order or an event application) we may collect some of your personal information from the following list
- your name
- postal billing address
- postal delivery address
- telephone numbers (landline/mobile)
- email address
- payment credit/debit card details (shop and telephone orders and bookings only)
- IP address
- details of orders, services and information requested or provided
- any instructions or greetings relating to orders and services provided
- your correspondence and communications with us
- your communication preferences
- your location
- your responses to feedback or survey requests
- your responses to event applications (e.g. to confirm that you are aged over 18, the current music grade you are qualified to)
- any publicly available personal data shared via a public platform such as Facebook
The above list gives a guide to the main types of data we may collect in order to provide goods, services or for other purposes described in this policy. However, from time to time, we may need to collect further data to ensure we can deliver our goods, services and information as requested by you.
How Do We Use This Information
We may need to use your personal information to undertake the following activities
- to contact you in reference to an order
- to dispatch your order
- to provide you with services or information
- to respond to enquiries
- to verify your identity
- to occasionally email you with details of any products or promotions we think you may be interested in
- fraud prevention and crime prevention checks and activities
- market research
- to respond to forms you submit, such as application forms, customer surveys, competitions and feedback
- to enter you for events such as examinations, festivals, workshops etc. as agreed by you
- to occasionally tailor events, products and services to better suit you
Who Might We Share Your Information With
To be able to provide our goods, services and information to you, to carry out our business operations and comply with legal requirements we may need to share your information with the following
- Our service providers, such as delivery agents (currently The Post Office, Royal Mail and ParcelForce). Payment service providers (e.g. PayPal, Worldpay). In addition to details such as your name and address, we may need to provide them with details relating to your order, such as goods shipped, value etc.
- Other third parties if you have agreed for us to do so. This will include passing your name, as the buyer, to the recipient of your order if different from yourself or passing your personal details to organisers, staff and/or representatives of external examination boards and festivals etc. to facilitate your application, admission or entry to an event that you have agreed to take part in.
- Third party electronic communication providers and platforms, such as Skype, to enable various remote interactions (e.g. delivery of remote learning sessions).
- Other persons who help us provide our products, services and information to you (e.g. passing your name and current music grade to event leaders and assistants).
- Other legal and professional advisors (e.g. auditors/accountants) to comply with legal requirements or to protect and carry out our business operations.
- Fraud prevention agencies and other institutions if we are required to do so, for criminal justice and tax purposes, or where legally required to do so.
- Other institutions or individuals in an emergency or to protect your vital interests, or for the protection of our employees, customers and others.
We do not share your information with any other third party for marketing purposes.
What Do We Do With Your Information
We collect and process your information to enable us to provide goods, services and information as described in this policy. It is then stored for a period of time before being destroyed. The amount of time we hold your information for will depend on various factors, such as what purpose the information is provided for or how long it is necessary for us to retain the information. Some information is deleted upon completion of a task (e.g. response to some queries). Other information is held for longer, but the longest time we would generally hold any information for is 7 years.
We care about the security of your information and take reasonable steps to ensure your information is dealt with securely throughout the process. For further information on how we maintain the security of your information please contact us.
Other Sources of Personal Information
Information We Hold and Your Rights
Under legislation you have several rights in relation to the data we hold. These rights are
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access your personal data (make a subject access request).
- The right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate, or made complete if it is incomplete.
- The right to have your personal data erased.
- The right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data.
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
You have rights relating to automated decision making, but we do not currently use any processes which affect this.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest). For more on this see https://ico.org.uk.
If you need to contact us about the rights listed above, or if you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please write to the data protection officer at Gifted Musician Ltd, 122a High Street, STEYNING. BN44 3RD. We may make a small charge for subject access requests.
Other Websites and Third Parties
We cannot be responsible for third party privacy practices and encourage you to familiarise yourself with the privacy policies of other websites and third parties